Commercial Insurance Advisor
Are you an existing Insurance Broker wanting a new challenge or to explore the commercial side of the business?
Oldfield Kirby Esau Insurance Brokers is looking to hire a full time Commercial Insurance Advisor. As a Commercial Insurance Advisor, you will be providing customer service and administrative support to our Commercial Account Managers. Future opportunities for development include commercial business placement/marketing or managing and growing a book of business as a Commercial Account Manager.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have fully implemented our work from home strategy. The successful candidate will begin working from home and will transition to the office at a later date.
Why Choose Oldfield Kirby Esau?
Oldfield Kirby Esay Insurance Brokers is proud to be known as a trusted source for insurance solutions by prioritizing the education of our clients. We are conveniently located in downtown Winnipeg and have a rich history in Manitoba dating back over 100 years. As a division of The Standard Insurance Group, we continue to grow and evolve by offering a wide range of insurance products and services. We're a company culture based on learning, collaboration, teamwork, bettering our communities, and most importantly, growth. Your work will have a measurable impact on our brand, vision, and the community.
We are the perfect fit if you
- Have a desire to help others protect their future
- Are pro-active and a self-starter
- Willing to learn and develop your industry knowledge and expertise
- Believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships
What can you expect from us?
- A full-time position starting as soon as possible
- A competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive group benefits plan and a company matching RSP plan
- Modern technology and work environment
- Company paid and continuing education
- Exciting opportunities for advancement
Responsibilities and duties
- Provide support to our Commercial Account Managers by responding to client inquiries for certificates, policy changes in a timely manner
- Issue certificates of insurance, send our renewal applications, and process payments
- Process policy endorsements, renewals or cancellations, and log all business activities with utmost accuracy
- Develop positive relationships with customers and insurance partners for long-term success
- Continuously deliver a superior level of customer service
Qualifications and Skills
- Effective and professional communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to re-prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Experience working under pressure and maintaining composure in a fast paced and changing environment
- A current level 1 or level 2 general insurance license
- Autopac experience, IWS certified is considered an asset in order to service our commercial clients' auto insurance needs
- Previous commercial insurance experience is considered an asset
- Must be willing to participate in ongoing training and education
- Significant computer aptitude, and working knowledge of MS Office, EPIC, Policy Works is an asset
If you think you are the right individual, please send your resume and cover letter by 5:00pm Friday, May 29, 2020 to:
Attn: Bryanna Booth
319 2nd St. South
Kenora, ON P9N 3X8
Email: bbooth at standardinsurance dot ca
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accomodations are availabe on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.